Sirkin’s Fractional Ownership Regulation Guide
Sirkin’s Fractional Ownership Regulation Guide is an indispensible 2,687 page resource for fractional and timeshare attorneys, developers, Realtors, sellers and buyers.
For the first time, the complete text of all the laws, regulations and requirements (including filing requirements) for fractional and timeshare real estate sales and projects for all 50 states have been collected in a single, searchable disk. Sirkin’s Fractional Ownership Regulation Guide was prepared by Andy Sirkin, an attorney who has devoted his 28 year law practice to fractional and co-ownership, and has completed documents for over 5,000 projects throughout the United States as well as in France, Italy, Morocco, Ireland, Mexico, St. Kitts, Bahamas, Barbados, Costa Rica, Belize, Nicaragua, Panama, Argentina and the Dominican Republic. Drawing on this extensive experience, Sirkin’s Fractional Ownership Regulation Guide also features “Sirkin’s Fractional Regulation Summary” for each state, collecting the most critical aspects of each state’s law in 5-7 plain-English bullet points, designed to enable anyone to feel like an expert in five minutes.
Sirkin’s Fractional Regulation Summary quickly provides answers to the following key questions:
• Is there a threshold number of fractional intervals or owners below which the state’s fractional and timeshare regulations or registration requirements do not apply?
• Does the state’s fractional and timeshare regulatory scheme distinguish between “fractionals” and “timeshares” and, if so, what is the difference?
• Can all or some of the state’s fractional and timeshare regulations or registration requirements be circumvented through non-deeded ownership legal structures such as special purpose entities?
• Are certain fractional and timeshare projects exempt from the state’s regulations or registration requirements because the seller is not a “developer” or the project is not “commercial”?
• Does the state’s fractional and timeshare regulatory scheme distinguish between projects involving recorded documents and projects involving unrecorded documents?
• Do the state’s fractional and timeshare regulations apply only to projects located in the state, or also to projects marketed and/or sold in the state?
Sirkin’s Fractional Ownership Regulation Guide is the product of thousands of hours of research into the written law, plus direct contact with the primary fractional and timeshare regulatory agency in each state to get the latest “insider” information as well as any unwritten agency policy. The Guide also includes the name, address and telephone number of the regulatory agency in each state for easy follow-up. The cost of attorney fees for duplicating this research for even one state would be significantly greater than the cost of the Guide.